Cindy Jones has deep experience in both regular and special education as a teacher, diagnostician, Principal, crisis interventionist, consultant, and staff developer in the areas of behavior, at-risk students, improvement process, pre-school instruction and behavior, and educational strategies for special education.
She is currently president of Education Support Associates, Inc, providing pre-school through high school administrators and staff with training, technical assistance, and consultation in the areas of behavior, at-risk learners, special education, and research-based curriculum delivery.
Education Support Associates services include:
- Give technical assistance, training, and modeling to improve school climate, instructional leadership, literacy, and parent involvement.
- Work with early childhood programs to ensure appropriate instructional strategies and behavioral interventions.
- Gather, evaluate and provide data to support instructional practices.
- Train educators around the U.S. in best practices for special education students who are served in both regular education and special education settings.
- Train counselors in strategies that best support at-risk students and their teachers.
- Provide behavioral interventions for emotionally disturbed and behaviorally challenged students at all grade levels.
- Assist alternative schools with innovative strategies that increase student success.
Cindy Jones is a TAP (Technical Assistance Provider) for the state of Texas, assisting schools with low TAKS scores, high drop-out rates, or poor attendance.
Cindy lives in San Antonio, Texas with her husband and their golden retriever, Trusty. Trusty works with students with behavioral problems and also performs flyball at the San Antonio Spurs half- time show.